[squid-users] pros/cons squid vs next generation firewall

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Jul 25 11:29:10 UTC 2022

On Monday 25 July 2022 at 13:22:23, Dieter Bloms wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I run some Squid proxy servers in conjunction with ICAP virus scanners
> and I'm very happy with them. Our company now wants to replace them with
> a checkpoint next generation firewall. Do you have some arguments that
> speak for the further operation of the Squid proxies?

I would always start by asking what the justification for changing is, and see
whether you can show that it's not valid (or has drawbacks the people
advocating the change haven't thought of).

Antony.

--
BASIC is to computer languages what Roman numerals are to arithmetic.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.