[squid-users] Trying to set up SSL cache - solved!

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Feb 25 16:00:17 UTC 2022

On 2/24/22 16:49, Dave Blanchard wrote:

> This tutorial situation is really out of control. Sadly, this is what
> can be expected to happen when the syntax is changed with every
> version. Now we're in a real mess. I hope the Squid developers will
> make up their minds on how they want the syntax to be structured,
> build it that way, then LEAVE IT ALONE!

I do not know what tutorial(s) you are talking about, but ssl_bump
syntax and the underlying principles have not changed for many years.
The changing syntax is definitely not the problem. Squid bugs, lack of
official tutorials, and TLS complexities/changes are.

SslBump is not compatible with a natural human desire to cut-and-paste
examples from the first place they can find and see whether those
examples "work" (multiplied by another human desire to publish their
thoughts/results, regardless of the author level of expertise).

Can we publish an authoritative high-quality tutorial on SslBump? Sure!
Unfortunately, the current lack of Project resources multiplied by
chronic Project deficiencies do not leave us enough time to do that.