[squid-users] Squid plugin sponsor

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Feb 10 04:03:53 UTC 2022

On 10/02/22 01:43, David Touzeau wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to sponsor the improvement of ntlm_fake_auth to support new
> protocols

ntlm_* helpers are specific to NTLM authentication. All LanManager (LM)
protocols should already be supported as well as currently possible.
NTLM is formally discontinued by MS and *very* inefficient.

NP: NTLMv2 with encryption does not *work* because that encryption step
requires secret keys the proxy is not able to know.

> or go further produce a new negotiate_kerberos_auth_fake

With current Squid this helper only needs to produce an "OK" response
regardless of the input. The basic_auth_fake does that.