[squid-users] Squid Degrading

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Dec 1 16:30:55 UTC 2022

On 12/1/22 11:20, utb trialuser wrote:

>> What is your Squid version (squid --version)?

> 5.2

We can stop here. Please upgrade to Squid v5.7 or later. Squid v5.2 is
just too buggy to be usable in most production environments (and to
investigate any performance problems).

>> Any errors or warnings in cache.log?

> *WARNING! Your cache is running out of filedescriptors*

There are known Squid v5.2 bugs that may result in the above warnings
and related performance degradation. I hope that these problems will be
gone, and your Squid performance will be acceptable after you upgrade.

Good luck,

Alex.