[squid-users] How to enable squid to use more server resources when using 500+ http_ports?

Marcelo marcelorodrigo at graminsta.com.br
Mon Aug 29 06:06:51 UTC 2022

Hello,

I have a server with large resources ( RAM, CPU, etc) running Ubuntu 20.04.

When I put squid 4.13 to manage more than 500 http_ports, it performs very
slowly.

Question is, how can I setup Squid or Ubuntu to use more hw resources in
order to perform better?

Or does it a matter of software architecture limitation?

Perform well with at least 500 http_ports would be very nice so we can use
smaller numbers of VPSs.

Its hard to manage so many of it.
It would be a dream to have like 10k http_ports in a single server.

If it is not possible, is there any planning about do it in a future?

Tks
Marcelo.