[squid-users] Programmatically fetch the latest stable version of squid

ngtech1ltd at gmail.com ngtech1ltd at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 01:35:14 UTC 2022

I believe this should do:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/elico/squid-latest/main/latest.json

Maybe it would be possible to update a git repository using a git web hook on the project.
If the Squid-Cache project will have some defined way of tagging versions in the git repository it would pretty simple to do.
>From my point view both the FTP and the RSYNC might be good and once I will have an official link to the FTP in HTTP format it would be pretty simple as:

curl -s http://mirror.marwan.ma/squid/software/|egrep -o "squid\-[0-9\.]+tar\.(xz|gz|bz2)" |tail -1

or:
https://github.com/elico/squid-latest/blob/main/get-latest-from-ftp.sh

ie:
#!/usr/bin/env bash

FTP_HTTP_MIRROR="http://mirror.marwan.ma/squid/software/"

LATEST_FILE=$(curl -s "${FTP_HTTP_MIRROR}" | egrep -o "squid\-[0-9\.]+tar\.(xz|gz|bz2)" | tail -1)

echo "${FTP_HTTP_MIRROR}${LATEST_FILE}"
##END

Eliezer

----