[squid-users] Squid 4.8+ intercept

M K mohammed.khallaf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 03:08:35 UTC 2022

Hello Rafael,

Thank you for your reply. The key problem in my case is that I'm using
a complex NAT/Mangle setup, with too many decisions to be made. When I
finally succeeded, I was able to pin-point the glitch in my setup:
"Ensure NAT Rule is Applied to WAN Interface Only" in your excellent
guide.

Since I'm unable to do that in my setup, I used a better and more safe
approach: just create a nat rule that will ACCEPT traffic from
intercepted clients with no further action, and place it well enough
higher in the nat rule-chain so it basically skips regular nat.

Thank you for the excellent guide.

All best,