[squid-users] squid compilation error in Docker

Ivan Larionov xeron.oskom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:41:00 UTC 2022

Seems like "findutils" is the package which fixes the build.

Binsaries in this package:

# rpm -ql findutils | grep bin
/bin/find
/usr/bin/find
/usr/bin/oldfind
/usr/bin/xargs

If build depends on some of these then configure script should probably
check that they're available.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 9:38 PM Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 14/04/22 14:59, Ivan Larionov wrote:
> > There were no errors earlier.
> >
> > Seems like installing openldap-devel fixes the issue.
> >
> > There were other dependencies installed together with it, not sure if
> > they also affected the build or not.
>

> I suspect one or more of those other components is indeed the source of
> the change. Some of them are very low-level OS functionality updates (eg
> /proc and filesystem  utilities).
>
> FWIW, The gist you posted looks suspiciously like reports we used to see
> when BSD people were having issues with the linker not receiving all the
> arguments passed to it. I would focus on the ones which interact with OS
> filesystem or the autotools / compiler/ linker.
>

> HTH
> Amos

With best regards, Ivan Larionov.