[squid-users] HTTP requests queue

Moti Berger moberger at metanetworks.com
Wed Jun 30 08:51:13 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm using Squid with ICAPs and ECAPs. Some of them are faster than others.
Does squid hold one queue for each chain (REQMOD/RESPMOD) or per ICAP/ECAP?
Meaning, if I have one ECAP and one ICAP in a chain where the faster ECAP
is first.
Will the ECAP keep getting new HTTP requests to adapt even if the ICAP that
comes after it in the chain hasn't finished adapting the previous requests?
Or is it the other way around where a new HTTP request will be sent to
adaptation only after the previous one was handled by all ICAP/ECAPs in the
chain?

Thanks,
Moti