[squid-users] Logging in Squid external helpers in Docker?

roee klinger roeeklinger60 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 05:32:16 UTC 2021

Hey,

I am running Squid inside a Docker container, and I am using an external
helper, I am trying to get the logs from the external helper to go to
Docker logs (stdout).

Currently, I am writing the logs to a file, which works, but I would like
to get them to stdout instead, however, Squid redirects all the stdout from
the external helper to itself, which makes me unable to send the logs I
want to stdout.

Is there a way for me to send the logs I want to the main stdout of the
container and not to Squid itself?

I am using Python if that matters, but I can also test in Bash.

Thank,
Roee