[squid-users] process_name macro usage

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Dec 7 11:27:21 UTC 2021

On 7/12/21 18:10, senor wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm attempting to use the process_name macro in include file names to isolate the worker-specific directives from the disker and coordinator. I have not found any references to directives that are required by those 2 processes. I'm currently doing a trial and error loop to determine best config but would appreciate any pointers.

I do not think this is a good idea. The special processes like these
should be ignoring directives irrelevant to them. If they are not, then
they will be affected by the default values for those directives even if
you put your local config in a different include file.

The directives relevant to SMP-awareness are listed at
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/MultipleInstances>