[squid-users] Squid is active but not working

Peter Thesing peterthesing at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 16:09:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

English is not my native tongue so I am sorry for any mistakes that I've
made or will make in the future.

To answer your questions:

Both apache and suid are running of the same machine. This I like to
call the server.

Then on another machine, lets call it the client,  there is also
opensuse 15.1 but with another purpose. When this client is directly
connected to the internet is cannot connect to the server.

The relevance of apache is that on some mysterious way I would be able
to check if squid is working but I just installed it and I have to
figure this one out.

DHCP and DNS are working. The client machine gets an IP address from the
server.

On the second card i have designated an ip address which is 192.168.1.1
and the range on which the client computers can connect 192.168.1.20
through 192.168.1.50.

When using squid in firefox it should connect to http://192.168.1.1:3128

but it does not...

Question:

Where are the log files?

How do I read the log files?

What log-files are relevant to answer the mystery of not connecting?

the firewall is off and stays off. I have only the ports 21, 80 and 443
open.