[squid-users] Squid does not cache file download by FileZilla and apache FTPCLIENT

david770514 davidsiao0514 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:35:20 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I need to implement FTP transfer via Squid proxy.
I use Web browser (Firefox, IE) to download file by my PC after the PC
already set the proxy server from Windows setting. The message in store.log
shows Squid has cached the file on it properly.

The problem is it isn't working when I use "FileZilla" or
"apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPHTTPClient" to download file. I still be able to
download the file from FTP server via Squid proxy, but Squid won't cache the
file. I can't get message about the cache in store.log file.

I tried set proxy server in FileZilla directly(don't set proxy on windows),
and it still not cache, only download the file. Do I need have some special
setting on FTPHTTPClient to make it happen?

Is there anyone can help me?