[squid-users] Squid 4.12 Arch Linux Google Chrome fails - OpenSSL 1.1.1g

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Jun 30 13:07:02 UTC 2020

On 6/29/20 8:56 PM, Amish wrote:
> On 30/06/20 1:22 am, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> On 6/29/20 11:18 AM, Amish wrote:
>>> I am using Arch Linux and today I upgraded squid to 4.12 (from 4.10)
>>> Firefox and IE work fine. But in Google chrome - sites dont open.
>> You may need a fix for TLS GREASEd values. The following master/v6 PR
>> has not been backported to v4 yet AFAICT, but it might work "as is":
>>
>>      https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/663

> But I am confused that PR has just 1 file changed, but if I read the
> comments in PR, it has many more commits.

Many commits may modify one file. If you are not familiar with git, the
easiest way to get cumulative PR changes is to add ".diff" to the PR
URL. See the very bottom of any PR page on GitHub for the link/reminder.

    https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/pull/663.diff

An arguably better way is to find the (cumulative) official commit
itself, but that requires navigating sometimes-confusing GitHub PR page
history and/or some knowledge of git and Squid merge procedures. In this
particular case, the official (master) commit is eec67f0:

    https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/eec67f0
    https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/eec67f0.diff

> So is the single file change enough? OR I need to apply all the
> commits?

You do not need to replay individual PR commits. When you use the
PR.diff trick, you will get a patch with all the commits squashed together.

BTW, there is a similar PR.patch trick, but it will give you a patch
with all the individual PR commits replayed in the right order. In most
cases, replaying individual commits may cause more conflicts.

HTH,