[squid-users] Is there an option to completely disable IPV4 outgoing address for Squid

Ahmad Alzaeem 0xff1f at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 04:43:28 UTC 2020

Hello Amos ,
You are correct , but are plan is using IPV6 as possible .
As I said the IPV6 of dual stack as like 98 % IPV6 .

My question is how squid or under which circumstances can go to IPV4 as long as IPV6 dual stack exist ? How come it used 98 % for FB  IPV6 destinations as an example and 2 % FB IPV4 destinations .

Is it random process or DNS answers type ?
 Also Have not found squid directives for this area .

Is there an option to tell squid use AAAA DNS reply from DNS for certain websites always or even with certain squid process  ? And others non Dual stack use default case ?

Many Thanks .