[squid-users] Is there an option to completely disable IPV4 outgoing address for Squid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Feb 20 04:31:12 UTC 2020

On 20/02/20 3:41 am, Ahmad Alzaeem wrote:
> We just need IPV4-IPV6 conversation system to for an ISP that has ran out of ipv4 .
> So we need to minimize IPV4 usage with them .

Stopping Squid from contacting IPv4 servers will not solve that problem
in any significant way.

On the other hand using Squid in its default dual-stack form with one
single IPv4 address. All clients can get full access to the HTTP web by
having them contact Squid over whichever IP version they support and
Squid does the IPv4 server part.