[squid-users] authorized by pcname

sampei02 at tiscali.it sampei02 at tiscali.it
Sun Dec 13 09:44:20 UTC 2020

Thanks for your suggestions.
1. In this way I should move problem to another level that is dhcp server.
2. My DHCP server already updates to local DNS, that is Active Directory, but Squid cannot point to this local Microsoft DNS because It’s using external DNS. I have two DNS: Microsoft DNS (AD) for resolve intranet addresses and Linux DNS (public network) to resolve Internet address. Squid uses last DNS.
3. I’m not interesting, I thought already to it.
4.I didn’t switch to DHCP. dhcp is a further service. I’m using dhcp from few months and I’ll use it only for notebook.

When client asks url to Squid, is there way to capture the “client name” and to check the match to acl? Does It exist trusted application to integrate into Squid to make it?