[squid-users] Squid - Can't visit (government site and Banking Site) - Please help

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Apr 26 13:40:37 UTC 2020

On Sunday 26 April 2020 at 15:14:40, russel0901 wrote:

> Hi, upon checking I am using squid version 3.1 on CentOS 6.10

Wow, that's impressive (in a way).

Squid 3.1 was released ten years ago (29 March 2010).

On Wednesday 15 August 2012 at 13:29:07, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
> of the Squid-3.2.1 release.
>
> Support for Squid-3.1 bug fixes has now officially ceased. Bugs in 3.1
> will continue to be fixed, however the fixes will be added to the 3.2
> series. All users of Squid-3.1 are encouraged to plan for upgrades.

The current stable version of Squid is 4.11

I recommend you upgrade.  Aside from anything else, you're not going to find
many people in a position to help out with such an old version, as well as the
fact that it alomst certainly doesn't support certain features required by
modern web browsers or servers.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I lay awake all night wondering where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.