[squid-users] Squid 4.8 Issue

service at 4gproxies.net service at 4gproxies.net
Mon Sep 2 22:53:30 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I'm wondering how we can implement rules inside Squid 4.8 that if a parent
cache_peer is dead at the time of the proxy request, squid automatically
bounces it to another parent cache_peer instead of the connection just
timing out and not fulfilling the request due to the current cache_peer
being offline or otherwise unavailable. Basically what I want to do here is
to have squid automatically choose any working cache_peer parent instead of
the request just timing out or dying. Hopefully you can understand what I'm
trying to say here. Thank you.

Robert Miller

RNS4G Administrator