[squid-users] assertion failed: Controller.cc:838: "!transients || e.hasTransients()"

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Oct 22 20:07:59 UTC 2019

On 10/22/19 3:24 PM, Antonio SJ Musumeci wrote:
> Squid 4.8
>
> Attempting to get a SMP setup with rock enabled. Instance points to an
> origin web server.
>
> With "workers 1" everything appears to work fine. If I set "workers 2" I
> get a number of issues:
>
> If I request a particular object a kid will fail with:

> assertion failed: Controller.cc:838: "!transients || e.hasTransients()"

For supported Squid configurations with no other reported errors or
warnings, this assertion indicates a Squid bug. Consider filing a bug
report and posting a stack trace (as well as other relevant reproduction
info) there. Posting an ALL,9 cache.log collected while executing a
single asserting transaction may speed up triage.

> Is there a simple, modern, functional SMP example to compare?

To enable basic SMP features, adding "cache_dir rock..." or "workers N"
(with N greater than 1) is enough.