[squid-users] SIGBUS attempting to use rock

Antonio SJ Musumeci trapexit at spawn.link
Thu Oct 17 21:07:58 UTC 2019

I'm currently unable to test fully due to my environment lacking
CAP_IPC_LOCK. It does fail more gracefully saying it can't use mlock at all.

That said... the option is listed in relation to SMP and not referenced
by rock docs. Also it should be possible to check /dev/shm's free space
and compare that against the file size needed. Clearly it knows based on
the requested storage and slot sizes. Even a guess with a warning rather
than leaving it to fail otherwise silently with a SIGBUS.