[squid-users] How to use "cache", "store_miss" and "send_hit" directives?

Robert Senger rs-squid at lists.microscopium.de
Wed Oct 16 23:17:56 UTC 2019

Hi Alex,

you're right, the correct way is to use "cache deny <aclname>" only,
all others are allowed then.

I tried this before, but it did not work, because of my very special
setup.

I need to encrypt browser->squid connection (on mobile devices). With
squid 3.x, I used stunnel client on the mobile device and stunnel
server on squid's machine. With squid 4.6, I wanted to get rid of
stunnel server and use squid's https_port directive instead, but
https_port + sslbump did not go together. So, I created a loop that
forwarded https_port connections with a cache_peer directive to squid's
own http_port. That worked, except for caching... The http_port ACLs
never matched in the cache directive, instead, the https_port ACLs did,
but that is not what I want and need. Some coincidence made that
tcp_outgoing_address matched and routing was correct, anyway.

I switched back to the old stunnel server setup, and things are fine
now. But I still don't know why the http_port connections ACLs do not
match...

Regards,

Robert

Robert Senger <robert.senger at familie-senger.net>