[squid-users] External ACL undocumented changes?

johnr johnrefwe at mail.com
Tue Oct 8 01:17:30 UTC 2019

My config is as follows:

Squid 3:

external_acl_type should_not_ssl_bump ipv4 ttl=10 %DST %>{User-Agent}
/etc/should_not_ssl_bump.py
acl should_not_ssl external should_not_ssl_bump
ssl_bump none should_not_ssl

Squid 4:

external_acl_type should_not_ssl_bump ipv4 ttl=10 children-startup=1
children-max=5 children-idle=1 %DST %{User-Agent}>ha
/etc/should_not_ssl_bump.py
acl should_not_ssl external should_not_ssl_bump
ssl_bump none should_not_ssl

The rest of my config is the same between squid 3 and squid 4. I have an
ICAP reqmod that modifies the request user-agent. In squid 3, the value is
the properly modified value. In squid 4, the value is the original UA.
According to the transaction processing document, the ssl bump decision is
post reqmod changes, right? So, I guess that means bug?