[squid-users] Squid auth helpers aren't installing

amlgp amlgp at mftsl.xyz
Thu May 23 09:08:31 UTC 2019

I started off with installing it from

yum install
http://ngtech.co.il/repo/centos/7/squid-repo-1-1.el7.centos.noarch.rpm -y

But I removed it thinking there might be something wrong and then the second
time I tried to point to the repo manually by doing

nano /etc/yum.repos.d/SQUID.repo

[squid]
name=Squid repo for CentOS 6
baseurl=http://www1.ngtech.co.il/rpm/centos/6/x86_64
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

Then I did

yum clean all
yum repolist
yum install squid

I created a user and password file called passwords with one username and
password in it.

ncsa auth is supposed to be installed with squid but it doesn't exist
anywhere other than one location and here is what I get when I use locate-

locate ncsa
/usr/share/man/man8/basic_ncsa_auth.8.gz

My squid.conf calls on the ncsa auth but it didn't seem to have installed
with the rest of squid.

2019/05/23 04:55:59| Processing: auth_param basic program
/usr/lib64/squid/basic
_ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwords
2019/05/23 04:55:59| FATAL: Authentication helper program
/usr/lib64/squid/basic
_ncsa_auth: (2) No such file or directory