[squid-users] Squid auth helpers aren't installing

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu May 23 08:50:35 UTC 2019

On Thursday 23 May 2019 at 09:37:44, amlgp wrote:

> Hi, I am using Centos 6 and for some reason the Squid helpers aren't
> installing. I go to /usr/lib64 after installing squid and there is no auth
> helpers in there at all. I am on a 64bit computer and I have checked
> /usr/lib and they both don't have any auth helpers at all. I am using
> "Squid 7:3.5.28-1.el6".
>
> What could be wrong? Thank you in advance.

Well, firstly, please show us the commands you are using to install Squid and
its helpers, plus any output which doesn't look encouraging (warnings, error
messages, comments about something not being found, etc...)

If you're installing from packages, please also tell us which package
repositories you are using.

Antony.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of
achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.