[squid-users] How to catch a big spender ?

eliezer at ngtech.co.il eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Mar 27 09:47:40 UTC 2019

What about some sort of netflow service?
In the ISP world the radius server does accounting and it's a bit different
ntop have a network probe that might help you:
https://www.ntop.org/

I am using routers to do this kind of a task instead of the proxy.
The other option is to use QOS between the squid machine.
You probably can add some rules dynamically with some kind of CAP and to mark the clients connection with iptables.
I don't remember if iptables have quota or not.
And you can use some kind of ipset that can be updated dynamically by an external software.
The client will be added to the "too much user" mark and then he can download and upload with a speed CAP/QOS.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator