[squid-users] daily releases

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 12:20:24 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 9:12:51 PM GMT+1, Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a convenient one-liner to get the latest daily
>> release tarball, eg.
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v4/squid-4.5-20190128-r568e66b7c.tar.gz,
>> without having to search for it manually on the web?
>
> The contents of the tarball are provided by rsync to optimize update
> bandwidth:
>
> <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/DeveloperResources#Bootstrapped_sources_via_rsync>

rsync allows to sync the latest source for a particular main version (eg. Squid 4 or Squid 5).
However, it does not allow to pull in squid v. 4's source code published on Jan 28th 2019 just like I would get by downloading squid-4.5-20190128-r568e66b7c.tar.gz.
Furthermore, I'm guessing that the "daily" tarballs that are published on the web site's download page are hand-picked because they are known to solve bugs, and are considered to be somewhat "stable". For instance, if I were to rsync today would I get the same code as that of the above mentioned tarball?

Another simple solution would be to be able to list the files in the /Versions/v4/ directory, but it is not allowed by the server.

Vieri