[squid-users] daily releases

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jan 31 19:18:20 UTC 2019

On 1/31/19 5:20 AM, Vieri wrote:

> I'm guessing that the "daily" tarballs that are published on the web
> site's download page are hand-picked because they are known to solve
> bugs, and are considered to be somewhat "stable".

AFAIK, daily tarballs are published automatically. If the script can
build a tarball today, the script publishes it. Exceptional situations
aside, there is no human involved. And that is how it is supposed to be.

Automated tests and pull request reviews offer some protection, but they
cannot guarantee stability.