[squid-users] Sibling peer cache not working, ver 3.5.27

leonyuuu leonyu365 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 08:15:05 UTC 2019

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote
> On 11.12.19 22:04, leonyuuu wrote:
>>Thanks Amos for quick response! It helps a lot in understanding the
previous
>>logs like "forward proxy port not configured", and I adjusted my
>>configuration later today to do another test.
>>
>>However, now the two proxies even doesn't send ICP/HTTP request to each
>>other anymore for cache digest and the access.log(see below) shows there
are
>>only queries on intercepted traffic.
>>
>><http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/file/t377850/access.png>
>>
>>My new configuration for proxy0:
>>    http_port 3128
>>    http_port 9999 intercept
>>    icp_access allow all
>>    icp_port 3130
>>
>>    cache_peer 192.168.3.2 sibling 3128 3130
>>    cache_peer_access 192.168.3.2 allow all
>>    visible_hostname squid.host.1
>>
>>Iptables configuration added for proxy0:
>>    // for inter-proxy trafic
>>    "iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i veth20 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
>>--to-port 3128"
>
> you don't need to and should not redirect inter-proxy traffic from port 80
> to 3128.
> the sibling proxy explicitly sends HTTP traffic to port 3128.
> better remove this rule.

yes, the http request for digest is heading for 3128 by default.

But now I become more confused why the Cache Digest is not working at all.
My checklist for enabling Cache Digest:
1. build option with "enable-cache-digest"
2. cache_peer setting for both proxies, server port and ICP port
3. cache_peer_access allow http traffic
4. veth pair setup for both application
5. route table configuration for inter-proxy traffic

Plz correct me if I miss anything.