[squid-users] Squid-5 vs. FTP:// URLs

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Tue Apr 2 09:51:57 UTC 2019

Currently I'm trying to channel ftp:// style URLs through our squid-5.
In general this is working ok, but:

ftp directory listings are DOWNLOADED instead of being displayed (in Chrome 73.0.x -- in Firefox Quantum 67.0b6 this works)
It's probably related to this: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/chrome-and-firefox-developers-aim-to-remove-support-for-ftp/

The URL scheme is ftp://, the data returned by the proxy is text/html,
and since that's the case, the data is being downloaded instead of
being displayed directly.

Is there any way around this?

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin