[squid-users] want to change squid name

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Oct 3 18:12:30 UTC 2018

On 4/10/18 6:29 AM, --Ahmad-- wrote:
> i just want to have my own copy that i can  run under my name  i put

Lets be blunt then ...

Most of the things I see you asking about are ways to make the Squid
software unidentifiable as being Squid.

Your earlier queries could be mistaken attempts to use Squid as an
"anonymous proxy" for evading local legal issues.

This request though is to obfuscate details right down to names of ABI
symbols used when building Squid. Details which are only visible to the
person or people compiling Squid, not even people looking at binary code
of the built binaries ever see those names.

The obvious conclusion one is led to by the extreme nature of that
changing and the details you provided so far - is that you likely intend
to take the Squid code and present it as some proprietary software of
your own making. In direct violation of the GPL copyright and great
disrespect for the many hundreds of contributors whose work has built
Squid over the past 40 years.

Yet you are expecting our community of people who use and care about
Squid to assist your doing such an action.

Neither that nor other less likely scenarios I can think give me any
confidence that this is a reasonable way to spend my time. So no, I will
not be helping you with this.