[squid-users] http get request with body

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 23:36:51 UTC 2018

Hmmmmm, George.

In what direction your request tresspasses Squid?

Because of by default:

#  TAG: request_body_max_size    (bytes)
#    This specifies the maximum size for an HTTP request body.
#    In other words, the maximum size of a PUT/POST request.
#    A user who attempts to send a request with a body larger
#    than this limit receives an "Invalid Request" error message.
#    If you set this parameter to a zero (the default), there will
#    be no limit imposed.
#
#    See also client_request_buffer_max_size for an alternative
#    limitation on client uploads which can be configured.
#Default:
# No limit.

and reply also:

#  TAG: reply_body_max_size    size [acl acl...]
#    This option specifies the maximum size of a reply body. It can be
#    used to prevent users from downloading very large files, such as
#    MP3's and movies. When the reply headers are received, the
#    reply_body_max_size lines are processed, and the first line where
#    all (if any) listed ACLs are true is used as the maximum body size
#    for this reply.
#
#    This size is checked twice. First when we get the reply headers,
#    we check the content-length value.  If the content length value exists
#    and is larger than the allowed size, the request is denied and the
#    user receives an error message that says "the request or reply
#    is too large." If there is no content-length, and the reply
#    size exceeds this limit, the client's connection is just closed
#    and they will receive a partial reply.
#
#    WARNING: downstream caches probably can not detect a partial reply
#    if there is no content-length header, so they will cache
#    partial responses and give them out as hits.  You should NOT
#    use this option if you have downstream caches.
#
#    WARNING: A maximum size smaller than the size of squid's error messages
#    will cause an infinite loop and crash squid. Ensure that the smallest
#    non-zero value you use is greater that the maximum header size plus
#    the size of your largest error page.
#
#    If you set this parameter none (the default), there will be
#    no limit imposed.
#
#    Configuration Format is:
#        reply_body_max_size SIZE UNITS [acl ...]
#    ie.
#        reply_body_max_size 10 MB
#
#Default:
# No limit is applied.

No limit.

May be, Squid's debug can light issue better?