[squid-users] Squid + SquidGuard : static block page not working

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 14:02:22 UTC 2018

14.03.2018 19:06, Amos Jeffries пишет:
> On 15/03/18 01:43, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
>> Le 14/03/2018 à 13:39, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
>>> Yes, I do. Because this is part of a step-by-step course about
>>> SquidGuard, which worked perfectly under Slackware Linux. And my
>>> filtering rules are becoming increasingly complex.
>> FYI, this is the course. It's a HOWTO in simple text format.
>>
>> I'm currently trying to adapt this to CentOS 7.
> Then the first thing you and your readers need to be clear on is that
> SquidGuard was end-of-life'd many years ago. It is long overdue for
> removal or replacement. This has impact such as the one you saw on HTTPS
> traffic support which was only added to Squid-3 after SG stopped being
> maintained.
>
> The best thing to be doing these days is upgrading simple configs like
> the one you presented earlier to using modern Squid features directly in
> squid.conf - as I recommended earlier.
>
> For very complex configurations (or emergency upgrades) the ufdbguard
> tool can be used as a drop-in replacement for squidGuard while the
> config migration is evaluated. It handles the HTTPS situation better
> than SG does, but for simple configs any helper is still very much
> overkill and a performance drag.
I can confirm - ufdbguard is up-to-date and very good customizable
replacement for SquidGuard. Using ufdbguard last three years gives
perfect results and bring functionality which is absent in SquidGuard.

ufdbguard has good support of https (including SSL Bump), incredible
fast (it is thread-aware) and has small memory footprint.