[squid-users] Question about traffic calculate

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jun 21 16:20:31 UTC 2018

On 06/21/2018 05:14 AM, Tiraen wrote:
> where i can read more about this (I mean the development of custom
> ICAP/eCAP modules and their connection to the proxy) ?

The best place to start is probably
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ContentAdaptation

If you decide to go the ICAP route, you will need to find the right ICAP
server for your project. After that, the development will revolve around
writing a custom adapter for that ICAP server. The above URL links to a
page with a list of ICAP servers:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ICAP

If you decide to go the eCAP route, you will need to (find somebody to)
write an eCAP adapter (no server required).

In either case, the required development is similar to writing a plugin
or loadable module. Any capable developer can do it, but understanding
of HTTP concepts and familiarity with the ICAP server or eCAP API helps.

HTH,