[squid-users] url_rewrite_timeout

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jul 31 08:46:16 UTC 2018

On 31/07/18 19:56, ygirardin wrote:
> Hi
>

> Of course my browser used my proxy.
>

> I try to request www.perdu.com (that's a simple website with only http).
>

> Indeed when I look on the access.log I have the following trace :
>

> 1533023517.502   4990 10.1.0.39 NONE_ABORTED/000 0 GET http://perdu.com/
> - HIER_NONE/- -
>
> So seems like the connection is abort,

It is. Client aborted/disconnected after 5 sec. Your re-writer timeout
is 10 sec.

> but this should not stop my
> rewriter ?

The transaction ended before any rewriter action was needed. There is
nothing to be done by Squid for this client.

> And if my rewritter reply OK after the 10 seconds timeout the page is
> well displayed in my browser. I was expecting to receive a 500 error.

Helper responses are cached when possible. If your test requests the
same URL twice in a row from the same Squid the second one can use a
result provided for the first client request. Like so:

1) Client A connects, requests http://perdu.com/

2) Squid asks helper for URL alterations of http://perdu.com/

3) client A disconnects,

4) helper request A times out, client already gone, nothing happens.

5) helper responds with result "OK", Squid caches that result.

6) client B connects, requests http://perdu.com/

7) Squid uses result "OK" for helper lookup http://perdu.com/