[squid-users] Problems with Splicing and DNS

Laurent Verheirstraeten laurent.verheirstraeten at univ-rennes1.fr
Thu Jul 5 12:49:31 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have to deal with to a problem when using the function ‘Peak and
Splice’ on the version 3.5.27 of Squid.

We tried and set up a transparent proxy, but the rules we declared are
not taken into account because both (squid) server and client are not
using allways the same DNS.
(we’re using a pool off 2 different DNS servers, not using the same cache ).

We’ve noticed that the IP addresses taken into account by the server
Squid and the client are not the same while solving the hostname.

In that special case, Squid sends an error during the ‘Splice’. When the
IP addresses are the same, then the function ‘Splice’ works perfectly.

Is there a way into Squid to specify the same IP address on both sides?

Have you already seen that kind of problem ?

Thanking ye,

Regards

     Laurent Verheirstraeten