[squid-users] when will squid 4 be production ready?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jul 5 05:11:45 UTC 2018

On 05/07/18 09:12, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> Just to be clear..(since I see that I didn't sent a "replay all" email)
>
> I am talking about a ssl_db directory creation ie like in this line:
> https://github.com/rockyluke/docker-squid/blob/fe98b0c27cc2757268c5a07bf862e7f5bfa9570d/4.0.21/Dockerfile#L69

That image is broken in other ways as well:
* The ./configure options are not placing the certgen binary where the
symlink points to (/usr/lib vs /lib).
* installing wget but using curl
* using chown manually without updating SELinux permissions

>> /bin/security_file_certgen -c -s /var/lib/ssl_db
>
> it still requires a "-M" not when I run it as a helper of squid at
> "start\run" time.
>
> Did the issue makes more sense now?

It did before too. Alex answer is correct.

I have updated the wiki to match reality.