[squid-users] Problem loading Facebook profiles

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Fri Jan 12 17:44:03 UTC 2018

On Friday 12 January 2018 at 17:39:09, Roberto Carna wrote:

> Dear, I have a Squid 3.5.27 proxy server with Squidguard in
> transparent mode, for HTTP and HTTPS traffic.

Please show us the Squid configuration file (omitting comments and blank lines)
- that will show us what you've asked Squid to do.

> Everything is OK, except when I access Facebook and select a profile
> from any user: in this case, the profile load the name, picture, but
> doesn't load the other data at all (pictures, friends, comments,
> etc.).
>
> I've tried to whitelist some hostname and IP's related to Facebook,
> but it doesn't work.
>
> Please can you help me in put to work Facebook through Squid in
> transparent mode?

Show us what turns up in your Squid access log and your Squidguard blocking
log (sorry, I'm not familiar with what this might properly be called, but I
assume Squidguard has a log file showing which requests it has blocked) when
such a request gets made.

Please try to:

a) restrict what you show us to only the user / IP making the request (no need
to include other users' requests going through Squid at the same time)

b) include *everything* relating to that user, even if you think something
might not be relevant

c) copy and paste the text from the log files, don't send a screenshot (osrry
if that's obvious, but you might be surprised what some people do)

That will give us some idea of what's working and what isn't.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"It is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the sense of
achievement you get from getting them to work at all. In other words - and

 - Douglas Noel Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.