[squid-users] How to enable caching for https websites on Squid

Sekar Duraisamy sekarit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 11:45:40 UTC 2018

Hi Amos,

Thanks for your information

"To cache encryption protected content you must first remove the
encryption. That destroys the "anonymous" part completely."

Could you please provide little more details about affecting anonymous
service. Do you meant it will affect customers anonymous or from proxy
server?

We used to disable via and forwarded_for header to make squid proxy as
anonymous in HTTP.

When we use certificate in the Proxy server to decrypt the content of
HTTPS, multiple customers will hit to the same HTTPS website in a day
through our proxy, that website always see single certificate even
though multiple customers from multiple IPs. Is there a chance from
website can block
because of they will see more requests from more IP's but single
certificate for the all the requests to the same doamin ?