[squid-users] Squid 4 Development / Blog

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Feb 25 01:45:34 UTC 2018

On 25/02/18 06:26, Chase Wright wrote:
> It's been nearly 2 years since there was a blog post about Squid 4.x and
> I've noticed that the daily auto-generated Squid 3.5 stable branch
> release last updated on "08 Dec 2017"
>
> I've also noticed that the last two CVEs were only fixed in the 4.x
> branch (2018)
>
> Is the squid team planning to move 4.x to stable soon?

"Soon" yes. Those last few bugs proved to be extremely painful and slow
to get fixed.

As of today we have one major bug unfixed, and some testing needed for
checking the stability of the recent huge fixes. I'm just waiting on the
backports of some small regressions already found before the next v4
beta package.

I am *hoping* not to have to release any more 3.5 packages. But that of
course depends on what the timeline this final bug turns into.