[squid-users] note macro - %{policy_}note passes old values along with new value

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 23:26:32 UTC 2018

On 14/12/18 10:37 pm, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 12/14/18 9:26 AM, Amish wrote:
>
>> url_rewrite_program /usr/lib/squid/url_rewrite
>> url_rewrite_extras "policy=%{policy_}note"
>> I was expecting that %{policy_}note will pass on only latest value
>> to url_rewrite but somehow it passes old value + new value.
> Modern[1] Squid versions should remove old same-name annotations when
> adding new ones. If you are running a supported version, and your Squid
> merges/appends annotations, consider filing a bug report.

Sorry that I forgot to mention squid version.

But I am using squid 4.4 (Arch Linux)

>> How to pass only the latest value with note macro?
> With modern Squids, you should not do anything special to accomplish
> that. Only the latest annotation value should be preserved. If that is
> not happening in your tests, consider filing a bug report, especially if
> you can reproduce with Squid v4+.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/457857fe7cf51037cd9e54e86c0985391d7ea594

I have not set any clt_conn_tag=TAG.

Does this feature of latest note value work only if I set clt_conn_tag=TAG?

If yes, do you mean I need to set clt_conn_tag=policy_?

Will file bug report if answer is no.

Thanks

Amish.