[squid-users] note macro - %{policy_}note passes old values along with new value

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Dec 14 17:07:55 UTC 2018

On 12/14/18 9:26 AM, Amish wrote:

> url_rewrite_program /usr/lib/squid/url_rewrite
> url_rewrite_extras "policy=%{policy_}note"

> I was expecting that %{policy_}note will pass on only latest value
> to url_rewrite but somehow it passes old value + new value.

Modern[1] Squid versions should remove old same-name annotations when
adding new ones. If you are running a supported version, and your Squid
merges/appends annotations, consider filing a bug report.

> How to pass only the latest value with note macro?

With modern Squids, you should not do anything special to accomplish
that. Only the latest annotation value should be preserved. If that is
not happening in your tests, consider filing a bug report, especially if
you can reproduce with Squid v4+.

[1]
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/457857fe7cf51037cd9e54e86c0985391d7ea594