[squid-users] Reverse proxy and TUNNEL to same cache peer

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Aug 8 12:20:37 UTC 2018

On 08/08/18 16:49, Hariharan Sethuraman wrote:
> I think giving name helped to fwd/reverse to same parent proxy port:
> cache_peer parent-proxy.domain.com <http://parent-proxy.domain.com>
> parent 80       0  no-query no-digest login=PASS originserver
> name=reverseproxy
> cache_peer parent-proxy.domain.com <http://parent-proxy.domain.com>
> parent 80       0  no-query no-digest login=PASS name=forwardproxy

The problem is what that parent proxy is doing with the requests it
receives. The cache_peer with "originserver" option sends origin-form
URLs, the other sends absolute-form URLs.

By delivering them to port 80 you can expect it to automatically
re-write the URLs back to the http:// scheme. Which fixes some safety
issues broken by your re-writer - by undoing what your re-writer is
trying to do.