[squid-users] Bug: Missing MemObject::storeId value

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Sep 26 03:36:18 UTC 2017

On 09/25/2017 08:19 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 26/09/17 08:56, Aaron Turner wrote:
>> I can disable rock cache, but I need some disk cache- is there a
>> better option?

> Possibly a smaller rock cache, and a UFS/AUFS/diskd cache - rock can
> share disk with another cache, its just the UFS/* caches that do not
> share well with each other.

In SMP mode, please:

* Do _not_ use rock cache with any other disk cache. The caching code is
not designed to mix SMP-unaware and SMP-aware caches in SMP mode.

* Avoid using non-rock disk caches in SMP mode because non-rock disk
caches are not SMP-aware. If you have to use SMP-unaware disk caches in
SMP mode, then confine each cache to one worker using SMP macros and do
not expect much help when things go wrong (e.g., Squid crashes and/or
HTTP violations). You should probably disable shared memory cache as
well in this case, for the reasons mentioned in the first bullet.

HTH,