[squid-users] Bug: Missing MemObject::storeId value

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Sep 26 02:19:29 UTC 2017

On 26/09/17 08:56, Aaron Turner wrote:
> So is v4 stable?  I was the impression it was beta?  That said, if v4
> has better memory tuning options then I'm all ears.

Yes it is beta. Some bugs still to work out in the ssl-bump code, but
that is all.

Overall the v4 ssl-bump code is far better behaved and capable than the
3.5 series - so it is probably worth using despite the remaining bugs
*if* your current issues are not showing up there.

First thing I would do though is adding sslflags=NO_DEFAULT_CA to the
http_port line(s). It reduces the memory needs a lot when bumping in v3.5.

>  Right now I'm
> fighting OOM errors (and the kernel OOM reaper) under sustained load.
> I've come to realize 6GB is way way too much for my 14GB RAM systems,
> but finding even 1GB is too much since each squid process is exceeding
> 4GB.  About to try 500MB now.
>
> I can disable rock cache, but I need some disk cache- is there a better option?

Possibly a smaller rock cache, and a UFS/AUFS/diskd cache - rock can
share disk with another cache, its just the UFS/* caches that do not
share well with each other.