[squid-users] Squid radius Authentication

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Sep 15 13:49:24 UTC 2017

On 15/09/17 12:53, Pascal Schäfer wrote:
> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I have a question about the authentication with a radius server.
> I use Squid as a reverse proxy.
> It is possible to use two radius server for different pages or
> subdomains with squid_radius_auth?

HTTP has no concept of "page" - so for that; no.

For sub-domains (OR specific URLs); maybe. Because the helper you are
asking about does not use the key_extras feature provided by latest
Squid versions.

You need to write your own helper that does what you want. That could be
in the form of a wrapper script that starts multiple radius helper with
the necessary parameters, and uses key_extra parameters to decide which
one will handle any given auth lookup.

Since you are calling it the long obsolete name "squid_radius_auth", you
probably do not have a current Squid version which supplies the
key_extras feature. At the very least you will have to upgrade to at
least Squid-3.5.