[squid-users] Official Docker Image?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Oct 19 05:12:33 UTC 2017

On 18/10/17 12:54, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> What version of squid should be installed?
> Also what base Linux distribution should we use?
> Since it's Docker container it won't be simple to use it as a gateway router and will only be usable as a simple forward proxy with or without ssl-bump.
> Since I already package squid for many OS I believe you can choose one of these and then use a specific mounted directory for persistent settings.

All of the Squid modes of operation are relatively easy in a docker
container, no more complex than in a VM and there are more than a
handful of companies already providing Squid based VM products.

It would be very hard to setup One True Image for Docker because there
are so many use-cases that Squid satisfies - many of which involve
conflicting configuration details. This same reason is part of why we
provide the wiki ConfigExample section(s) instead of shipping example
config files for each popular use-case.