[squid-users] tuning squid memory (aka avoiding the reaper)

Aaron Turner synfinatic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 00:04:41 UTC 2017

So more testing.  I haven't found the line in the info:mem logs which
is the red flag, but additional testing proves that the memleak has
something to do with ssl bumping.  Once I turn that off, the memory
leaks stop.

this was the ssl related config options:

http_port 10.0.0.1:3128 ssl-bump generate-host-certificates=on
dynamic_cert_mem_cache_size=400MB cert=/etc/squid/ssl_cert/myCA.pem
sslflags=NO_DEFAULT_CA
http_port localhost:3128
ssl_bump bump all

sslcrtd_program /usr/lib64/squid/ssl_crtd -s /var/lib/squid/ssl_db -M 4MB
sslcrtd_children 32 startup=2 idle=2
sslproxy_session_cache_size 100 MB
sslproxy_cert_error allow all
sslproxy_flags DONT_VERIFY_PEER