[squid-users] clientside_mark

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon May 22 21:03:05 UTC 2017

On 22/05/17 02:51, Ikari C wrote:
> Hi, i'm new in maillist and in Squid configuration, I use Squid 3.5
> version and i read about clientside_mark configuration, but i have a
> doubt, wich type of  ACL is compatible with this option. I want to
> create a MARK by dstdomain ACL, and use TC configuration to set QOS,
> it is posible? or only works with SRC ALC type.
>

> i want to do this in squid.conf:
>
> acl aclname1 dstdomain url1
> acl aclname2 dstdomain url2
> clientside_mark 0x3 aclname1
> clientside_mark 0x4 aclname2
>
> the configuration on squid.conf is the default.

Any of the ACLs which work in http_access should work there too.

However, because HTTP contains message pipelines the arrival time of any
given request may be significantly different from the response delivery
time. i.e. there may be earlier requested responses using the connection
between now (when the MARK gets set by the newly arrived request) and
the response you were intending to mark. So it is best to only rely on
TCP level things if you can.