[squid-users] squid sslbump

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri May 12 21:39:37 UTC 2017

On 05/12/2017 01:58 PM, yanier wrote:
> I have the following internet connection scheme

> Proxy (administrator by me) - Proxy Parent - Internet

> I would like to know if I could filter https without having to make
> changes in the parent proxy

A general-purpose parent proxy has no affect on bumping SSL traffic by
the child proxy -- you may ignore such parent proxy existence as far as
modern SslBump is concerned.

It is possible to write a specialized proxy that would detect and resist
some forms of SSL bumping by child proxies, but I speculate that you are
unlikely to deal with such a situation.